Do you have rules?
Personal life rules you strive to live by or follow?
I’m sure you do even if you don’t necessarily think of them as rules. Some you might be aspiring to keep up, while others come naturally.
I didn’t really think about my rules until I read this book…, and I took the time to write them down. Some of them I’ve had for a long time but hadn’t necessarily thought about as ‘rules’, others I thought long and hard about and are what I’m striving to achieve daily.
They might not seem like particularly big daily tasks or goals, but they help me keep me on track to a better life.
These are rules about me, who I am, what makes me happy and healthy, and who I am aspiring to be. Writing them down makes them more real and easier to keep up.
Sit down and think about what sort of person you want to be and write it down. But don’t copy mine, think about whats right for YOU.
These are mine. I try to follow them as closely as possible, sometimes I don’t because, well…life happens. But I still prefer to call them rules and not guidelines, because guidelines are so much easier to ignore whiles rules are something non negotiable (mostly). I will admit though, that rules 10, 11 and 12 are the ones I struggle with the most, but working really hard to achieve.
Here you go:
1. I get up at 5am on weekdays and 6am on the weekend. I spend my mornings meditating, writing, reading, doing yoga or working out.
2. I do some form of exercise daily
3. I meditate every day.
4. I drink at least 3 cups of green tea daily
5. I eat at least 7 portions of vegetables and fruit every day
6. I do yoga 2/week
7. I tell my husband and children that I love them every day
8. I plan my week ahead every Sunday.
9. I write in my journal every day
10. I will live my life every day on purpose, not by accident.
11. I will not complain. Change what I can and accept what I can’t
12. I can’t control other people, I can only control my own reaction