In many ways 2016 has been a pretty crappy year globally, hasn’t it.
But at the end of a year I’d like to look back at all the great things that have happened in my life. So although it is easy to dwell on terror attacks, shootings, wars, election disappointments and celebrities we’ve lost, for me and my family, personally its been a pretty good year.
This was the year:
- Joshua started high school, and is doing really well
- He also joined scouts and loving it
- And he made his first real friend!
- We found out that Harry got a placement at the secondary school we wanted for next year.
- Harry was approved a “Personal Budget” from county, which means we can hire personal assistants and pay for activities, which gives him access to things he otherwise wouldn’t because of his disability.
- We bought a house! (we get the keys on 6 January )
- My husband won several photography competitions and one of them being having one of his pictures shown in a gallery in Berlin next year.
- My knee is now almost completely healed after 2 years of pain
- I also took a few steps towards my dream job.
- Aaand I started my blog!
Hopefully loads more wonderful things will happen in 2017, and to begin with I look forward to our move in January.
What wonderful things have happened to you in 2016? Please tell me!
Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!